Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Leadership Night Card


I cannot believe it's been a week since I posted. One of my best friends, Colleen, rode to Jackson with my this past Wednesday to meet my daughter-in-law, Meghan, and grandkids, Grant and Emma. We met in Jackson because that was about 1/2 way for both of us to drive, since they were coming from K-zoo. We loaded up the kids in my vehicle for a trip to Grandpa's and Grandma's and a visit lasting until Sunday. The kids were so good, and we so enjoyed having them. One of the days we grabbed another grandson, Owen, and took all three to Chuckie Cheese's for fun and pizza. I still think Chuckie's has one of the best pepperoni pizza's around. It's been 8 years since we were there, and as soon as I bit into the pizza, I remembered how good their's was.


So, not to make excuses for not posting this past week, but that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.. tee, hee, hee.


On to a new post. This is a card that we made in a Shoebox Swap at my Upline's Leadership night recently. If you look close, you can see that the wreath is actually the bird from the Bird Punch. It was kind of fun to make. You first start out with a punched circle, I'm thinking about 1 3/4" and 8 of the Garden Green punched birds. Adhere your birds first at 12, 3, 6 and 9 and then fill in with the remaining 4 birds. Then with 8 Real Red punched birds, you do the same thing, but bring in the heads closer to the center of the circle. Next, you take punched Real Red wings, and spiral them into the center of the circle and finish with a Daffodil Delight punched center. To finish the card, we embossed the Whisper White with the new Snowflake Embossing Folder, which is available beginning today, and stamped the sentiment in Real Red. Now, take notice, I goofed and adhered the card with the stamped Merry Christmas upside down so my card is one for the giggle pile. OOps!!


Let me know what you think. Have a great day. Till tomorrow, keep those fingers inky!


Brenda

1 comment:

  1. I would have never noticed the "giggle" if you hadn't of given it away!! I didn't get to make this card at the shoebox swap, so I am so glad you posted the instructions with a picture. I don't think I will do this for my stamp-a-stack; but would like to make a couple for myself.
    Thanks Brenda,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete